Friday 11 January 2019

To The Mummies To Be

Dear Expectant Mummies
 Life's probably a bit uncomfortable right now as you get bigger and bigger day by day waiting for your little bambino! And you probably have more emotions that you know what to do with! Especially you first time mumma's your probably feeling nervous, excited, scared impatient and well you never really know how its going to be until you go through it but I'd love this to give you a little confidence boost and insight!
 YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE in fact your going to be better than fine your going to be great. I don't want to be one of those people that when you say your tired go 'you just wait', 'you haven't felt tired yet' because when your pregnant and feel the most exhausted you have ever felt its just not what you wanna hear haha BUT its got to be said those first few weeks are a whirl wind! And honestly for me those newborn weeks are a blur its like I remember but I almost don't and as much as Inwant to remember I also don't because god are you tired and in pain ( Birth is beautiful but to say your a tad uncomfortable after would be an understatement.. but more on that at a later date) it is a feeling like no other the sleep or lack of it takes its tole but the love that everyone say you feel is exactly what they say its going to be like! 
I don't always feel like a natural mum and sometimes you see or meet those mums that just totally are you think this is what their meant to be doing but if your worried that might not be you that is fine because doesn't mean your not going to do great and you wont love your child differently or any less.
 Now birth haha the only day that your actually thinking about well its tough, INCREDIBLE, scary and the best day of your life.Birth is broad and no one persons experience is the same so I'm not even going to attempt to go into it but from experience and how I went into birth is with no expectations and honestly I hardly thought about it my whole pregnancy I didn't want to have a plan or go in with horror stories and my birth was all the better for it, it was truly amazing and yours will be to! 
I have to say breastfeeding is tough and its not for everyone but I wanted to mention it because its my biggest regret I have I breastfed for 2 weeks and it was tough and its so easy to give up and just give them a bottle and that's what I did but if you want to do it please push yourself because its so possible and with the right the support it will only bring you closer to your baby. 
You've had your beautiful baby and now your in those whirlwind newborn moments its exhausting you probably wont know what day it is but precious, you will find the first 2 weeks your on this adrenaline and the sleepless nights are the tough but your okay it doesn't quite hit you and its almost a good thing because you do really enjoy everything its all new and exciting, I remember my HV coming the first week after Arlo was born to weigh him and her saying to me 'have you hit the wall yet?' I remember not feeling that tired and saying oh were doing really well actually.. You do hit a sort of wall and one night at 3:30 in the morning you think please stop crying.. I cant do this anymore I just want to sleep.. Don't ever think your alone every single mum in history has thought it and some nights 5 months down the line when we have a bad night I still do! Time goes on though and you become a PRO! 
Now I'm going to be that person and tell you don't wish the time away while your pregnant your only pregnant for 9 months and as much as your want to meet your little baby cherish this time you will never be closer than you are now,And once their out as much as your going to enjoy them your going to remember when it was just you and them no one else so rub that bump just a little bit more today it wont be long now 

(tip for boy mums to be PUT THE NAPPY UNDER THEM BEFORE YOU WIPE AND BE QUICK! you will find out haha)

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig